The Apple Thread

I haven’t backed up my phone in many years, but I’m pretty sure you can do local backups over WiFi these days, and restore from them over WiFi.

If you can, I sure as hell have not been able to find how

There are instructions here.

1 Like

Apple TV 4K delivered. It’s a shame I’m working until 5… maybe a mysterious meeting will appear in my diary later today which will mean I’m unavailable for a bit :laughing:

Local backup over WiFi was the topic, iCloud and by cable were already mentioned

Thanks though because I do need to backup my phone soon haha

I’ve just ordered the new pride woven solo strap thingy for my Apple Watch. I hope this one fits as I’ve already had two loop straps that were just a bit too big!

Apple’s support article doesn’t really do a good job of explaining it. I’ve looked into it a little bit, checked this link, and asked a few friends. The consensus is, you do need to plug the device into your PC once to initiate the pairing process and to trust the PC. Afterwards, backups can occur over wifi automatically to iTunes.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Matters relating to LGBT

completely appreciate your take on things with this stuff, but personally I don’t think there’s necessarily anything wrong with buying it because you like the pattern the either. These bands look really nice with their accompanying watch faces.

3 Likes

Good point! Yeah the design is really nice as well.

1 Like

I want the new braided one. But £100 :pensive:

1 Like

That’s the one I’ve ordered! I’ll report back if it’s worth it :blush:

Absolutely nothing wrong with buying it for the pattern. I don’t do the watch faces myself but I love design of the new pride straps

4 Likes

It’s probably the nicest looking pride strap they’ve ever done tbh. My friend buys these pride edition straps every year, and it does look just as stunning in photographs too! I think the watch face is really nice too, especially when used with that strap!

3 Likes

most of the time you can buy the same strap from Etsy for about a third of price.

I have 3 “orginal looking” straps from Etsy and you can’t tell them from the real thing

I’ve got a few from Ali Express and it’s the same thing pretty much, you can’t tell.

But this new one has only been out a few days so they haven’t had a chance to copy it yet (from what I’ve seen)

surprising! Ali are not only renowned for mimicking Apple’s accessories to such precision for a fraction of the cost, they’re often on sale first too!

My friend’s leather airbag keyring from Ali Express is barely discernible to my Apple one. It’s not as a high quality, but you’d never be able to tell just looking at it. it was 1/10th of the price too.

I’m surprised that Apple still haven’t fixed this in autocorrect

3 Likes

It actually auto corrects airbag to airbag! wow.

1 Like

I bought the Nike Pride Edition band for the sole reason that I thought it looked cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes