TV programmes from back then…

They sure don’t.

“The Singing Ringing Tree” was, it seems, broadcast in the “Tales from Europe” series. Some great little nuggets emerged from there.

Just remembered - “Robinson Crusoe” and that evocative signature score. :blush:

4 Likes

Brilliant!
You will remember this then:

I used to find it really boring, but there wasn’t much choice in those days!

3 Likes

Great theme too :blush:

1 Like

Black Beauty was and still is, my Wife’s all time favourite kids TV show, she loves the music score.

Another of my favourites as a kid, was a Harlech TV production called ‘Children of the Stones’ it was genuinely spooky as you like for the young 'uns. It was set in and around Avebury in Wiltshire, a favourite place for me and 'er indoors to visit.

2 Likes

Couldn’t beat…

Thunder cats
He-man
Rosey & Jim
Orville

Banger of a show, although I only found out its existence from YouTube

1 Like

The bush kangaroo

1 Like

I’ve just started watching Bergerac from the beginning on Britbox. Sadly however, they’re only showing the first two seasons which may force me to buy the full 27 disc DVD set. Hard to believe it was now 40 years ago since it first hit the screens. As a 13 year old, I was glued to it.

2 Likes

Bergerac…

Now you’ve got me thinking - “Shoestring” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And the Chinese Detective with David Yip…

I thought Dixon of Dock Green would have been more your era Graham… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

How dare you ……… (“Softly Softly”, perhaps ?)

2 Likes

I remember Z Cars. Softly Softly was a spin-off from it.

1 Like

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes

That theme tune is iconic. It lives on at Everton football club, where they play it before every home game as the players come out onto the pitch.
Watford also used it until a couple of years ago, but I understand they’ve changed to an Elton John song now.

1 Like

Fancy Smith & the other bloke….:thinking:

2 Likes

Didn’t want to create a separate topic, but Only Fools and Horses actor, John ‘Boycie’ Challis, has sadly died. Source, breaking news BBC.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.