Using Curve

Their app looks horrid, like iOS 6 with a few tweaks was the inspiration. The support within the app I’ve never gotten to work, the email support is also inadequate for a financial institution; it needs to be instant.

The UX in the app is also absolutely shockingly awful.

For an example of some poor UI, see the spending screen. Would look a lot better if it kept in-line with the rest of apps developed for iPhone and used rounded corners, not going edge to edge; maybe adding some enrichment for merchants would carry it through, too.

The insights take several seconds to load, which doesn’t feel like any app from 2015 onwards. Even then, I don’t get why there isn’t more work put into this section. It really seems to make sense, to me.

Balances is just a moot tab, was never in the original value proposition for Curve to begin with. Was meant to be a card-card link.

In terms of UX, the rewards aren’t clear at all. Curve has no information in which to work out if you’re a new user / existing user, so displays inaccurate % on payout. They’ve just rebuilt Topcashback or Quidco into the app, in an extremely poor way. They could add something like a “new users only” tag so we could at least toggle it.

Payments tab needs some love with merchant enrichment.

I have lots of critique on Curve, because they suck. Anyone who disagrees with me on this is wrong. They should have focused on making a better product before seeking a partnership with Samsung, honestly.