Using Curve

I have no issues with Curve and eBay, last added Curve card on eBay in Feb 2023. It is working fine.

1 Like

Thanks - I’ve emailed them.

1 Like

The Curve Community is closed as of yesterday.

1 Like

Oh well. It was coming.

I have to say, as a born-again Curve user, I’ve found their support to be timely and effective.

Good luck, Curve.

Just keep listening to feedback. :relieved:

1 Like

Noticed this too, getting sorted same or next day, over the last two months.

1 Like

It was definitely helpful at the start, and Curve staff - whilst not intervening directly in casework, would respond to generalist questions. That dropped off a cliff at the same time as their (previously pretty reasonable - they were great when someone whipped my card and went on a spending spree in Peckham and refunded everything within days). But I had numerous queries more recently, and outside of a stcck response, I received nothing. I got the distinct impression that CS was just a couple of people.

Interestingly, Trustpilot has a “reasonable score”, but more recently, this has receded

With a lack of CS being the main driver. If you look at Glassdoor reviews of working there, you can see there is a massive turnover of staff and a pretty toxic atmosphere in the workplace, deriving from the idiosyncratic and toxid owner - very much along the same lines as Bunq, Revolut and some other fintechs.

One particular review caught my eye “Run by a sociopath, egoistic & apathetic CEO and management from class to line management, all blinded by their greed. - No formal salary reviews for employees, even after 2 years of tenure. - Company has seen over 75% of employees leave in the past year, leaving only those who match managements toxic character traits - Employees dismissed with no notice and warning without following formal processes. - Product is a complete failure, there has been no successful innovation in years. - All projects being worked on in the past years have completely failed due to poor management. - The existing product unreliable and is scatters with thousands of bugs. - Management running round looking for ways to generate any form of income to increase runway. - We all now sit onshore whilst the ship takes on water, waiting for the ultimate sink

And "The CEO is completely egotistical who acts like using ‘start up’ quotes and ideology makes him some sort of Jeff bezos when actually it just makes him a jerk. Has no real people skills and is so detached from the real working peoples lives of his staff. Constantly feel on edge with your job security and the ceo threatens to fire people over slack on company wide channels and one day you’re messaging a colleague and the next day they’re deactivated on slack Need a real change of higher leadership and people ethics for this company to ever survive Far too many worrying issues with customers money behind the scenes. I wouldn’t feel comfortable using their services after dealing with such issues. Making people redundant then calling them back a couple of weeks later asking them to come back cause you’re short staffed is sickening and damn right insulting "

1 Like

What are you talking about? It sounds a perfect place to work…:rofl::roll_eyes:

All sounds rather bad but it allows me to spend on a credit card when I’m short and switch it all to a cashback card to pay down the balance via refunds so I’m happy with it

1 Like

Now that you’re limited to 2 cards, it’s lost its allure for me. I haven’t used mine in months.

Yeah on a free plan it’s not great - I only pay for it as I’d pay that much for annual travel insurance anyway (and I get it rebated in PLU, so long as Plutus keep going, but if they don’t I can cancel the plan)

They recently asked customers to review them. That was downright stupid by my book.

Is it me?
Am I missing something with the new app for Curve 2.0?

Blowed if I can see anything particularly different in today’s update.

This is the new UI @Graham thats slowly rolling out. I think metal users get it first

Ah, thank you. :relieved:

1 Like

I’ve metal and don’t have it yet.

Just received a push notification and I’ve got access to that launchpad.

You’ve just reminded me that I haven’t actually read that email yet, other than the few words that appear on the push notification on my email :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::rofl:

I have metal, still do not have it.

Be grateful.

In my experience, most find the new Curve user interface a big downgrade.

Yeah, I have it too. Looks similar to Revolut’s hub.

Email didn’t say much more than the preview text :man_shrugging: