Using Curve

Yes. It’s not earth-shattering and it looks a bit old-school, but I do reckon it tidies things up a bit.

Curve 2.0 is a massive downgrade feature wise for almost everybody on Curve. Wait I wonder if there was a place that users could make themselves heard like a community? Oh yes there used to be one but Curve closed it for exactly that reason. :person_shrugging::person_facepalming:

Curve 2.0 is a massive downgrade feature wise

What features have been removed?

The free plan has been nerfed. No free atm withdrawals, no free foreign exchange etc

The £4.99 plan has been rendered akin to what the free plan offered before.

Nothing about that on the website yet - still says that Free gets £1k free FX and up to £200 ATM. And I’ve had nothing telling me that my plan is changing. Has this been announced/published anywhere? (I haven’t got the new UI on my phone app yet)

Yeah I’ve seen the document confirming it - takes effect in November I think. I’m pretty sure it’s higher up in this thread - it’s all over the curve subreddit

I didn’t say removed. I said downgraded. As for the metal plan they will end up charging more for offering less then they do now.

Glad I never reinstalled Curve lol

You can now add Paypal to Curve
https://www.reddit.com/r/CurveCard/comments/16ibtzi/comment/k0jirsg/

The below will be effective on the 14th of November.

Quite a downgrade in some areas. Unlimited free foreign exchange down to £5000 even on metal. The £1000 on black wouldn’t do me. Recent holiday was over that for the accommodation.

Looks like there’ll be an insurance downgrade too as black/metal have only one box now.

It is still free for me due to the cashback but quite limiting now. I would have to switch the underlying card currency to euros rather than that being an option for me.

I’d say that if I as a full on Curve metal user is starting to question the value, they’re likely on their way out. Starting to wonder if Amex platinum would equally be free if I added up the rewards (gold would, but no insurance on it).

If you fly a few times a year and take lounges, buy travel insurance anyways and also spend a decent bit it’s not impossible for it to be free

Yes, but the problem in that scenario is that you will go over the foreign exchange limits. As I say, I would’ve done that this year on just the accommodation and then there’s the car hire , food, etc. on top of that.

Mind you, Curve did save me almost £1000 on the car hire so I’d need something to replace that (either World Elite or Visa Infinite with CDW).

Pretty sure AmEx Platinum also has something similar for car hire, Hertz Gold membership or something

Along with Marriott and Hilton (no IHG unfortunately)

Just dawned on me that Chase seems to be World Elite which should get the Hertz/Avis gold status. Still need to replace the free CDW on Curve though. Maybe the fabled Chase credit card will do that? Should be with us by February as I think it’s the last thing they need to tick off their to do list from February 2023.

The Curve fronted limit of £3000 is so low.

I think they’re trying to push everyone to metal but the limits in various areas are just too low for that. I don’t use fronted much but I could see someone easily passing £3000.

Biggest issue I have is that there’s a limit at all on foreign usage. None of the free foreign usage debit/credit cards have limits. And they don’t charge at the weekend either.

Wait, so after mid November if I go abroad and want to use Curve, I’ll have to keep an eye on spend to stay under €250 (I’m on the free tier), even though the underlying card has zero exchange fee? Or much more likely, I just won’t use Curve!

No, what you should do is change the currency of the underlying card to Euro or whatever. That way Curve doesn’t do the conversion and you also don’t get hit with the weekend charge. You just need to remember to change it back when you come home again.

1 Like

Just checked my renewal date and it’s November 3rd so one more year at £150 :grin: