Algbra

Now that Chase introductory cash back is ending for many early adopters at the end of Feb, is anyone thinking about moving their daily spending to Algbra for the 1% introductory cashback for one year? I had put this card in a sock drawer but I may give it a second chance just for the cashback

Already using it, via Curve, with Google Pay.

Cashback appears a lot quicker now than at the start.

1 Like

I have stopped receiving cashback since 4rd February. Does anyone have similar experience?

Hmm, just checked and yes, last credit was 1 February, despite numerous transactions since :thinking::man_shrugging:

Thanks for confirming.

1 Like

I have sent them a message in Live Chat, but no response yet.

Good luck with that, one of the reasons I won’t use them yet is the fact their “live chat” is “you might get a response, possibly”

“ethical”

Still waiting :man_shrugging:

Last time I used it I got a response via email two days later, went back to the app and could not find the chat, I had to start afresh. I gave up at that point

Yes, I’m afraid my initial problems with transactions appearing twice got a very quick “we’re looking into it”, my follow-up a week later got no response, and it got fixed a week later with no feedback to me. I would be concerned about using it for anything other than very straightforward transactions in shops. And I’m a heavy Apple Pay user with my watch, so adding Curve into the equation - also known for questionable customer service - is a step too far for me.

I’m waiting to hear what Chase do after 28 Feb, the sort of terms being rumoured are probably good enough for me, if not I’ll go back to my pre-Chase behaviour of using Amex and collecting Membership Reward points, as they’re flexible enough to be useful to me.

Switched my supermarket spend to my Nationwide debit card from today.

Algbra won’t be used during February now, with Chase picking up my non-supermarket, non-credit card spend this month.

I left a message in their “Live chat” (which quite obviously isn’t), with it saying “Waiting time: A few minutes”, and listing 3 members of staff working. 29 minutes later and it hadn’t even been looked at, nor 2 hours later. I had registered for the account and it was still “under review” 2 days later. I wrote a complaining email and almost by return, my account was activated, but never received a response to the chat.

They haven’t quite gone down the road of Curve and completely ignoring every method of contact - chat, email, social media, forum, though

EDIT: The chat has still not been looked at 2 days later!

The absence of any reference on the main pages of the algbra website to the 1% Mastercard cashback offer is a curious one.

If this is still a selling point of the account, why not have it front and centre? :thinking:

There is still reference to it in the Help section under My Cards and Cashback Rewards though.

Have they ditched it without communicating such a big decision to its customers? :person_shrugging:

Edit:

I am not on Facebook, however, a Google search revealed this post only 6 days ago :person_shrugging:

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 10.48.17

And on Insta:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoRv-lHI__C/

FURTHER UPDATE: 11:20, 11 Feb 2023

Algbra have sent me an email:

. . cashback rewards can take a couple of days to appear in your account - you’ll receive a notification and should see this in your transaction feed when it does appear.

Hope this helps - just let me know if you have any questions. :smile:

I would argue that 2nd to 11th, with no sign of any cashback credits, is more than a couple of days :person_shrugging:

Just a friendly reminder that Algbra is still very much an early access product that hasn’t officially launched yet and you should expect a bit of bumpiness when using it.

It’s not fit for production and the welcome message you get when you sign up highlights that. Their recommendation is to keep testing the product with low value transfers and transactions and shaking to provide feedback on whether something is working well or not so well, which is primarily what the live chat is for for now. For support queries, stick to email.

To put it into perspective, Algbra are much earlier into development than when Mondo launched their pre pay beta card, and it’s a tiny team.

1 Like

It seems to me that 1% cashback offer is over. No prob if that is the case. The lack of communication and the fact that the offer is still being promoted, it’s misleading and simply wrong.
(Cashback has not been paid since 4th Feb.)

My account shows it’s active until October 2023. I’ve messaged them to see if they can shed any light on it.

This was a reply I received 3 days ago:

We are aware of this issue and are in the process of fixing it, as we have to reach to Mastercard for this.

We will be in touch with any updates, thank you :smile:

This account, however, is not currently of any use to me anyway, my spending divided between Chase (1%) and Nationwide (5%).

2 Likes

They now support Google Pay. I do wonder what the new reward they refer to is.

2 Likes

Apparently not yet :man_shrugging:

Same message for both physical and virtual cards.