Algbra

Apple Pay has also been added

Tried to Report an Issue to Algbra in Live Chat, but that won’t send either :man_shrugging::rofl:

Good job I’m not actually trying to use this as a bank account, early doors or not🤦‍♂️

My card registered with Google Pay without an issue last night before I posted.

If it matters, I went into the Algebra app and pressed the add to Google Pay button…

Apple Pay Added smoothly :slight_smile:

I like the direction and the journey here - give me better support options and ideally become a bank and good bye first direct (unless FD buy them first haha)

That wasn’t visible in my app this morning, but was after update, so all sorted now :+1::grin:

All my cashback for February arrived in my account this morning.

69p richer now :grin:

Though trying to pay for train fare via Google Pay just failed, so had to use Chase instead. No idea why. Not worried either tbh.

3 Likes

Just had this email through:

Hey Mathew,

Some users have let us know they haven’t received cashback recently. We looked into things with Mastercard and solved the issue.

Your cashback will be in your account in the next day or two.

Thanks so much for being part of the movement.

The Algbra Team

2 Likes

Puzzled as to how Mastercard can be part of the problem here. The transactions are posting, right? The cashback is determined by them, not Mastercard. Unless they needed MCC or something and weren’t getting it?

That is how these initiatives work yes. So it’s probably this.

New referral offer.

Join, deposit at least £20, order the free card and spend a minimum of £5 to get £5

Join me on Algbra!
https://www.algbra.com/referrals/Gq2Zxu

I’ve just had cashback hit my account… For a transaction on 2nd Feb.

Taken them a while to sort it, but seems like it is :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Same. Definitely related to 2 February transactions

Thinking of opening an account with them instead of Chase. Am I right in saying no ‘hard’ check will be carried upon opening line Revolut?

Thanks

No overdrafts so yes

I just messaged them, they said they do carry out a hard check?

See 4.2:

Some of the searches which we or our third parties may perform, such as a credit check, may leave a soft footprint on your credit history. This will not affect your credit rating.

I can’t see any reference of a hard check in their terms. There shouldn’t be a hard check, as @Rexx mentioned, there’s no credit facility.

2 Likes

An update: Algbra are now offering 1.5% “super cashback” on transactions done via Apple/Google Pay until 28 March 2024.

The 1% cashback on physical cards remains.

2 Likes

Don’t see that mentioned anywhere on the website.

Is mentioned in the app though :+1:

Though my offer terms state:

Limited to a maximum cashback of £22.50 per calendar month

Offer will end on 14 February 2024

Another interesting note is this one:

If your account is shut down for a reason other than your request, you will forfeit from your account the value of any cashback payments you have received. You will also not be eligible for any future cashback payments.

Can I still earn 1.5% cashback if used with Curve?

No. You have to use Apple Pay or Google Pay with the Algbra card.