Atom Bank thread

Yes, that one talks about small businesses.

I have been an Atom customer for years and wasn’t aware of any community forum (until mentioned here), so they don’t seem to publicise it much by look of it.

I’m not sure on the actual process for getting in. You can always email them and ask. I joined something called the customer panel which was open to folks who are part of the founders program (opened a savings account during the first year they launched). The customer panel eventually transformed into the kitchen, which is how I got in.

Just received an email from Atom apologising for last Friday’s technical problems.

“As a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience caused, we’ll be adding £15 to your savings account, or if that’s closed, the external account that you registered with us when you opened it.”

3 Likes

I might be signing up, I like the care for customers :slight_smile:

Yep, and me. Nice touch.

Lessons learned I’m sure….

1 Like

A young company who’ve all the best intentions and frequently posted market leading rates (or thereabouts).

Young also means naïve and they’ve found marketing and app development a challenge.

Despite that, they’re trying hard and will hopefully have sorted whatever it was that cracked. Good luck to them.

Oh and the instant saver is currently 0.5% !

1 Like

0.5% isn’t that much is it? About £5 or so a year on a balance of 1k :cry: maybe it’s not worth applying

It’s as good as it gets right now.

Checks his Inbox and . . . . . nothing :man_shrugging:

Virgin Money: 2% APR
Celsius Network: 10% APR
Nationwide FlexDirect 2.02% APR
Coventry BS fixed saver: 1.85%
Coventry BS saver: 0.55%

Edit: Coventry Fixed Saver is now 1.05% on £50-500 a month, 0.30% for the regular saver

Everything else is valid

Nicely done Atom! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the email in full for anyone who isn’t a customer but is interested:

Screenshot 2021-05-24 at 19.50.27

I was just about to praise what a nice gesture this was considering how poor I found the immediate response and communication… but when I opened the app to check whether the £15 had been paid yet my savings account (and the money in it) was totally absent! It now won’t open again… :tired_face:

My guess is that everyone is checking their accounts following the email to see whether their £15 has appeared yet, overloading things again!

Edit: Back into the app now, but everything is incredibly slow. No sign of the £15 yet.

2 Likes

Capped at £1000

Not risk free

First 12 months and capped at £1500

Can’t find this rate. Highest is 1.05% and is capped at £500 per month and can’t be accessed until maturity, so not a replacement for an instant access saver.

This is the only easy access one without limits and is now 0.3% which is lower than Atom’s. Withdrawals aren’t as quick either.

I think it’s fair to say looking at all that, that Atom’s rate is market leading. It’s uncapped, instant access. The best place on the market for your emergency fund.

4 Likes

Another apology and £15 more coming soon? :laughing:

@Rob has something like 3 accounts with them all paying it :stuck_out_tongue:

Profitable company go bust?? Maybe, unlikely though

But yeah generally it’s an okay rate, just wouldn’t say it’s the best out there unless you’re putting it into a really specific product category of “savings account that is entirely unlimited access with instant withdrawals and isn’t actually just a current account paying limited interest”

1 Like

You can have more than one?! That may tempt me! I’d imagine there’s a cap on this too though?

Wouldn’t need to go that specific. It’s currently the highest paying FSCS protected easy access saver.

1 Like

I’ve only gone with Atom because I have a considerable amount to save/invest and have already maxed out Premium Bonds and S&S ISA for this year. I needed somewhere to stash the rest, some of which I’ll probably need before too long.

2 Likes

Each comes with a hard credit search

1 Like

:grimacing: best I wait then after the palaver of trying to get the super secret posh rbs account, thanks to bailing and timing out applications!

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Royal Bank of Scotland accounts