Atom Bank thread

A post was split to a new topic: Virgin Money accounts

Ah, that email makes sense to me then as to why I did not receive it.

I did not get the duplicate and troublesome text that was involved.

Fair enough.

Ah I see, good of them to have tracked down who were sent them and then send out an email. Iā€™ll happily receive some more erroneous texts from my other banks for 15 quid a pop!

I just want Starling to start having 5 outages a month again

I started complaining that it wasnā€™t good enough in-case I needed to use my card, told them I only use credit

They paid me Ā£30 an outage and it was a happy time all the two times it happened

Still no Ā£15, but Iā€™ll not hassle them. :relieved:

Iā€™m Ā£15 richer - thanks Atom :partying_face:

2 Likes

The Ā£15 is classed as interest, I noticed.

Presumably makes sense to them.

Iā€™ll update the title to accommodate broader points about Atom Bankā€¦

So taxable for some then.

2 Likes

Only if Atom report the Ā£15 to HMRC, along with the ā€˜normalā€™ interest.

Not only have they stolen your catchphrase @Graham they still havenā€™t taken the feedback on board yet!

Too rightā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ and too right :confused:

1 Like

I regret that the Vault remains an utter mess. The number of times theyā€™ve been prodded about simplifying it are legion.

Itā€™s got to be the simplest of fixesā€¦

Hey ho. Not a disaster.

If youā€™re still waiting for Atom to launch current accounts after 5 years of them promising it was coming soon, I wouldnā€™t hold your breathā€¦

Have you got any plans to introduce a current account? MM: We donā€™t have active plans at the moment, but we are building the technology capabilities that will allow us to do it when we decide the time is right.

Thatā€™s a bit disappointing in all honesty.

More from the Mark Mullen Q&A here:

To be honest, their app would need a massive overhaul before it could be capable of supporting current account things. Like bin the whole thing and start from scratch levels of overhaul

8 Likes

Agree entirely @anon47616136

Itā€™s probably my worst banking app tbh

1 Like

Not a particularly inciteful or eye opening Q&A, is it?

1 Like

Atom Bank are expanding their mortgage products with a new Near Prime mortgage offer. This is a mortgage designed for people who donā€™t have an ideal credit score.

1 Like

Well, they do appear to have taken my feedback on board!

Kept the quirky dorky stuff. But actually tell you whatā€™s in the update afterwards. I can settle for that. Gives me a little chuckle.

2 Likes