Atom Bank thread

And the app is noticeably faster.

1 Like

Poster on MSE has reported interest rates for new customers back down to 0.35% again.

Have checked the Atom Bank website myself and see no such fact.

Still showing as 0.50% on the advert.

BUT, then look at the pdf document on rates and it does indeed show 0.35% wef from yesterday, 24.06.2021 :man_facepalming:

EDIT :

Ha! Website now showing 0.35%

It wasn’t before 8am this morning.

Think someone tipped them off? :joy:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/atom_bank/status/1436943680355586049

I’m wondering if this is an indication that there’s a rate change on the horizon anyway…

Could be. But it nay also be an indication that they’ll get getting back soon with a message around having fixed the erroneous messaging!

(On a side note, that reply seemed a tad harsh :flushed:. And iOS has FaceID already).

Doesn’t sound harsh to me (unless you’ve removed some text). My thinking was that they were possibly preparing an interest rate announcement and had accidentally released it early to some users.

I got four of these overnight. They are planning to increase the push notifications you’ll receive on the instant saver. Currently, you only get notified when you receive interest and/or your statement. You’ll soon get them for deposits, withdrawals and rate changes. I suspect these erroneous notifications are in part due to these upcoming changes.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean. From where?

Atom’s tweet was benign and pretty typical of an outfit that strives to do well and still struggles to get it right PR-wise.

The tweet’s reply appeared to suggest he’d been plagued by them.

Anyway, I wish them well. From hideous app to, eventually, one that works, albeit something that looks about 10 years old.

Ah - just seen this. That’s make sense.

Does it? How do I enable it?

The joke of a proprietary implementation isn’t proper Face ID that people want, whatever they wish to call it.

Ignore me - I thought you were talking about your own reply here and hadn’t read the replies to the original tweet (although I should have!).

2 Likes

Of course that’s true (and as I use the passcode, I’d forgotten the Atom version is that excruciating selfie).

So in summary……

No it doesn’t…… :blush:

1 Like

I mean, Atom’s proprietary Face ID, including their naming for it, existed quite a bit before Apple’s.

You mean Atom came first?

Then we do them a disservice. :flushed:

Yup. Atom launched their app in April 2016, with their proprietary Face ID and Voice ID. Cutting edge at the time, though First Direct weren’t too far behind with voice. Apple were still using Touch ID, and Atom were promising to support Touch ID soon.

Apple launched the iPhone X in September 2017 with Face ID, a good 17 months after Atom’s Face ID had been on the market. Granted, it works so much better due to the sensor designed for it, whilst Atom is restricted to just the camera.

Personally I would like to see Atom adopt on device biometric sensors as the first line of security to enter the app. Reserve their own versions for those interactions in app that require that second authentication factor.

2 Likes

In a nutshell, rate increased by 0.15% today :grin:

Don’t spend it all at once guys!

Following their rate rise, I’ve been transferring some more into the instant saver. I can’t remember whether they send you push notifications when money comes in or out - I’m not getting any if they do.

I recently had my iPhone replaced and after transferring everything across wirelessly, I’ve had some oddities with notifications, so wondering whether it’s this or whether Atom doesn’t actually do notifications for deposits/withdrawals.

The bulk of my emergency cash is elsewhere at a higher rate tbh.

Difference is still pence though tbf :man_shrugging:

Chip is 0.7% and the interest is paid daily.

Not for new customers - only 0.61%.

1 Like

When did that happen? 🤷

Everything changes with them every five minutes :joy: