Atom Bank thread

Is this the Revolut thread now? :thinking: :rofl:

In Atom Bank news.

They still offline after upgrade started at 3am :scream:

Thanks @Breezy - beat me to it.

If any further Revolut-related posts emerge, we’ll move them.

Not sure what to expect from this key update. Something grand would do just fine.

1 Like

It’s poor form for those hoping to move any money swiftly today.

Key update was supposed to be 3am, so guess this extended period of non-access had not been considered for on the contingency plans.

:man_facepalming::man_shrugging:

Such as dropping a clanger or two. :joy:

Well, I am in no rush for my ÂŁ1.98 anyway :rofl:

I wonder how many (like me) didn’t close down their app before re-trying to open?

Saw this just now. Looks a bit like an afterthought.

In future, that tip could be included in the downtime message itself.

Only a little thing, but makes a difference.

1 Like

Instant access is now 1.9%, beating Marcus.

1 Like

Instant saver is now 2.55%, once again topping Marcus.

1 Like

Tandem are 2.55% as well & the 1 year + bonds are quite competitive. Some are arguing that these are hitting a ceiling.

I would move some money into this and possibly some of my Zopa instant access for a “better” rate.

The application process bugged out and now I’m stuck in a verification queue - getting no luck at the moment!

You’re not having the best of luck signing up for things lately are you? :frowning:

1 Like

None whatsoever :joy:

I shouldn’t chase it but you almost have to check that they’ve actually received your information!

1 Like

3.95% AER

Just remember though, when calculating your expected interest, that you will receiver 3/4 of the annual calculated rate.

I see so many posts on MSE where people think they have been “done” :man_facepalming: :rofl:

2 Likes

Atom bank have become the first UK bank to sign the UNFCCC climate neutral now initiative and commit to becoming carbon positive by 2035.

Some deets here:

They’re leading the way here, not just for banks, but businesses as a whole. Hope the rest of society will follow their lead.

2 Likes

The feature that’s been coming soon for half a decade is finally coming soon!

2 Likes

So, despite stating, “You asked, we delivered”, (past tense), they have not actually delivered anything yet :man_shrugging:, just a teaser as to what’s coming soon.

1 Like

Interest now 2.95% AER, 2.91% gross.

Just off the phone from Atom, having just closed my account with them.

I was alerted when I logged in to update the Atom app (for the umpteenth time) and did so. When I logged in, I was treated as if I was a new customer and had to (try to) log in. Did this and was faced with the option that I HAD now to register for FaceID to get access to the app. Only FaceID, no PIN code, no fingerprint, no 2FA. I was sure this was a mistake, but no, the CSA confirmed and her supervisor agreed, now no FaceID, no account access. I could actually change the way I logged in, once logged into the account (using FaceID!) and then not have to use FaceID ever again.

This is the short version, I spent ages going through security because I couldn’t remember the date when I opened the account, nor the exact sum that was in there. Mainly because I couldn’t gain access to the App! Got them, after strenuous efforts, to transfer the remaining few quid back into my (Santander) current account - no FaceID required.

Any other banks people know who only accept facial recognition?

EDIT: Didn’t see there was already an Atom Bank thread in operation!

Bizarre.

I just logged in but avoided the first-up Face ID. Once done, I was offered all three options to log in - Passcode, Face and Voice.

Chose Passcode and was in. As you’d expect.

So your crime was to have not yet registered for Face ID. :flushed:

Well at least you got your money out - which itself says nothing for the security hoops they wanted you to jump though.

We had a full and frank discussion - the supervisor insisted I must previously have registered for FaceID - I most certainly did not. I only ever logged in using a passcode. Nice bank and good rate of interest, but not for me.

1 Like