Chase UK Discussion

Seeing as the physical Chase debit card will have a different card number, CVV etc to the details displayed in the app for online shopping, I wonder how you could buy National Rail tickets online for example and then collect them from a machine, since doing so requires the payment card used to be inserted upon collection. The only workaround to this I can think of would be using Apple Pay if the ticketing company supports it, since then any payment card is accepted at the self service collection machines.

Another potential fiddle: I know when I’ve ordered things from John Lewis for collection before they’ve required me to bring along the card that was used to make the purchase. Again, that’s not possible here since there’s no physical embodiment of the virtual card details that would’ve been used on their website.

It seems we’ll never actually be able to view the whole physical card number, only the last few digits by following the instructions in the screenshot above, so there’s no chance of using it for any online transactions.

Hmmm… the novel challenges of a numberless card! Surely some banks who’ve gone down this route make the physical card design numberless but still give you access to the actual hardcoded card details through the app, instead of two different sets of details?

4 Likes