Chase UK Discussion

The biggest thing for me is better performance. This all is sooooooo slow on android. It took me 2 force restarts to move money from one account to the other earlier

3 Likes

I keep two phones on me at all times, one is my iPhone for all of my personal stuff and the other an Android for all of the other crap, basically the one I use for receiving 10 scam calls a day etc. What I’ve found personally, is there’s not a single app I’ve used on Android that is anywhere near as good as using it on iPhone. May be this is why I don’t have such an issue with the Chase App, other than the fact it’s just too bright.

Chase could have sat down from the start, got some really good tech people in to basically pinch all the best bits from all of the best banking apps out there, and given the world the best banking app available. Of course this is all too easy :rofl:

I personally don’t think the Chase app is in any way terrible, terrible for me, was the FD app. RBS not that much better, Nationwide a bit 90’s. But of course it’s all opinion.

2 Likes

We shall find out on Monday.

1 Like

The problem with android is depending on the brand and android version you have you’re going to have a different experience.

I have a Google pixel 7 pro and I’ve used an iPhone several times recently and couldn’t notice any real difference between the same apps I used on iPhone and on my phone. Android seems to becoming more like an iPhone anyway these days.

The chase app is the worst app I had on my android phone. Slow, lag when moving around and crashed. Theres no excuse for that apart from laziness and not caring.

1 Like

And with so many different Android phones on the market, I’d reckon it’s a lottery as to how well Chase or any other app will respond in each case.

1 Like

So. Do we reckon we will see some app changes at midnight or sometime in the early morning before lunch?

It’s in the Play Store. Just updated it.

Nothing fancy tbh.

They’ve just split current accounts and savings accounts :man_shrugging:

Okay. I actually love this new update. The app is so fast on android.

1 Like

Can’t say I see anything to “love” :thinking:

1 Like

It’s faster on android. It’s got proper animations. What isn’t to love. Also nutmeg is showing now for investments coming soon. If that’s nothing to love then I don’t know

Na, not for me :joy:

Regarding speed, we’ll see once I’ve used my card.

See if lagged updates are history.

Can you post a screenshot or two please?

2 Likes

My phone won’t let me :man_shrugging:

I tried.

It’s nice that Savings are now completely separate to your main account balances and on a different tab.

2 Likes

I reckon with it saying Debit on the account card they will be releasing credit cards soon

Kind of annoying when you’re using the savings accounts for bills tbh but I guess Starling is no better

Still no dark mode for iOS, no open banking.

1 Like

Well, in its latest form it probably makes more sense. It certainly now looks as though there’s more thought gone into it.

For those who find budgeting a dark art, the app points towards some articles on everyday money management - no bad thing, and well pitched in my estimation.

It does, though, retain that newbie look about it. And yes, dark mode would be a welcome addition.

2 Likes

It is but you ca now keep your savings separate which means it doesn’t show in the total balances on the first page. This could help a lot of people budget and save.

1 Like