Chase UK Discussion

they’ve just raised interest to 3% just after I moved it all to Zopa

I think my Santander money might be on the move soon then :+1:

People are soooo fickle….:joy:

1 Like

(Now where should I shift mine to :thinking: ?)

You can be everywhere

I like that statement. :relieved:

Zopa have been quite good at responding to base rate changes so I’m hoping their rates will increase soon.

I’m willing to hang on for a few weeks just to avoid the constant opening of new accounts.

2 Likes

I think I’ve pretty much homed in on a clutch of banks over the past two or three years such that I’ve got a bunch of accounts just waiting to be funded (or not).

Looking at them, the one which seems to have lost of all its lustre is Marcus - very much a tail-ender rate-wise now.

2 Likes

I moved everything from Zopa to Tandem then it reversed days later - cba now going to back one horse and close one down shortly.

Chase have come top in the MSE poll again. Got themselves a nice little streak going now and the score seems to be going up rather than down.

Don’t think a bank has ever scored that high as great before.

https://twitter.com/chase_uk/status/1620832413856272419

These are the sort of customer satisfaction scores banks should be shooting for as opposed to settling for and bragging about scores in the mid 80s.

Well done Chase.

4 Likes

I mean, they are kind of buying those results for now. Lets see what happens over the next year as that 1% sweetener applies to fewer and fewer customers.

It’s just a service quality poll so I’m not sure how that tracks? Banks buy customers all the time. It doesn’t translate into better reviews on service quality.

I wouldn’t think it has any bearing on the results other than the number of customers voting (as you can only vote for one bank, and are asked to vote for the one who you do most of your banking with). As, if you’re right, the customer numbers will dip off and the quantity of votes decrease as customers move their banking elsewhere, and so will be ranking a different bank in the next poll.

Buying results would be like doing what those two London-based fintechs do. Carefully selecting customers you know have positive experiences and politely asking, or in some cases bribing them to vote you ‘great’ in these polls. AFAIK, there are no reports of Chase engaging in this practice yet.

A small note on the cashback too: I don’t think it’s going anywhere, as those who took part in the market research will know from the recent terms update to the current account that will let them add interest. A common feature on many of the proposed bundles of rewards most of which retained the cashback in some fashion.

2 Likes

So just had a survey on the cashback options they’re considering. The main option appears to 1% cashback up to £30 a month with a £500 monthly deposit as qualifier.

They are looking at other variants of that: higher deposit & lesser benefit for one.

1 Like

We’re not supposed to be talking about it! But yep. There’ll be interest on the current accounts at 1% too, as that must have won out from the previous polls.

£30 is also higher than the £10 limit they floated previously.

The reason for the deadline is, I suspect, so they have this in place before the end of the month.

If they get CASS, I can see it earning them a lot of switches. It’d be a good account to have as your main one.

Hi Both
Is the cashback level that’s being considered for ongoing account holders, or for new holders only?
(Mine expires end-Feb and has been useful, so hoping it won’t in fact be taken away)

1 Like

Ongoing. These offers, and there seems to be 3 they’re deciding on, will be for customers whose initial cashback offer has ended.

You’ll learn more very soon I suspect given how quickly they want panel members to provide the feedback. The recent terms changes to the current account have set the stage for these new offers.

2 Likes

Must admit, I seem to have missed the current account interest. Not a deal-sealer in any event….

1 Like

That’s good news - thanks!

1 Like

When the introductory 1% offer runs out

1 Like

Wondering why they haven’t sent me anything, tbh