Chase UK Discussion

This heightened industry around the new features may explain the downtime.

It’s clear the comms are lagging behind the planned roll-out.

I just wish someone there could have the job of standing back and taking an objective outside perspective.

“So - are the messages clear and in sync?” they might ask.

5 Likes

Evidence they’re listening?
Excerpt from today’s email about upcoming surveys….

Weirdly enough, my 5% interest on roundups appeared yesterday in my account - everything else was paid on the 1st.

1 Like

Interest statements:
Does anyone know if there’s a simple way of displaying all interest received ?

I know there’s a Saver account statement, but I’m thinking ahead to current account interest….

For me it’s a simple spreadsheet, updated 1st of the month :man_shrugging:

Chase already does that for you, go to your statements section, you will see part for % interest then you will get a pdf for each tax year for all your accounts.

So I think once the current accounts interest kicks in, it will be included in the pdf for this tax year

1 Like

Interestingly, I’m not seeing that screen. Have you been saving for some time?

1 Like

From the 2021/2022 tax year. But I noticed that screen few months ago.

I have an iPhone app but I guess same path even on Android. Tap the profile icon in top left corner> Statements> % interest.
Let me add afew more photos.

3 Likes

Ah got it, thankyou.

(I was searching via the “Support → Go to statements” route which simply displays monthly statements per account).

Before this screen was available they still sorted me out with the document, super neat of them.

1 Like

Chase open banking API coming soon :man_dancing::man_dancing::man_dancing::man_dancing:

4 Likes

Originally said March

Someone drew on your screenshot!

3 Likes

https://reddit.com/r/chaseuk/comments/12m7xs6/scam_call_pretending_to_be_from_chase/

Scam call pretending to be from Chase

Got a call from a private number. Person identified as calling from JPMorgan Chase. Asked if he was speaking to me by stating my name and my last 4 digits of the Chase card. He then asked if I recognise / made a transaction of GBP xx, stating they flagged it because the location of the transaction is different to my address location. I said no, don’t recognise or made that transaction.

I then received a notification of this transaction on the Chase app which I rejected and this froze my account in app. The person on the phone emphasised to reject this ( I suspect to give me confidence he is legit).

Red flag 1

He said if any further fraudulent transactions happen, I will be fully refunded. So he asked a) what accounts I have with Chase and b) for the balance on those accounts, which I gave. Balance in both accounts in total is less than 500. I should have been suspicious of this question as they would have the balance of my accounts if they were genuinely from Chase. This was the only information I provided. I guess they wanted to know how much I have and whether its worth to spend time to try and scam me.

Red flag 2

He then said I might have clicked on some dogdy link and the virus might have infected my phone and therefore compromise my phone. He asked if I have any other banking apps on my phone and that could be compromised too. He actually quoted the FCA to say they have obligations to report / share the info. I was immediately suspicious of this because if I was a scammer, I want to know what other banks you have. I work in finance and I’m not aware this is a banking regulation / obligation for banks to report such kind of detailed info to the FCA. I said I’m not comfortable sharing this info and suddenly the line was cut off.

I immediately logged into the Chase app and called Chase directly from the app to explain the above. They checked and sure enough, no record of Chase calling me.

Lessons learned

Chase advised me to check if the call from Chase is genuine, a notification of such a call will appear on the Chase app to verify this is a genuine call from Chase. They won’t ask you to transfer your money to any account (that is the biggest red flag)

Sharing this so people are aware of such sophisticated scams targeting Chase users and be vigilant.

What prevented such a transaction from happening was the in app authorisation for online transactions. The scammer obviously have all the necessary correct info required to make the transaction (16 digit card number, my name, CVV, card expiry and my address), otherwise, I wouldn’t even receive an in app authorisation.

It looks like all online transactions require such in app authorisation even those below 5 quid. So that’s a great feature to have although can be a little annoying sometimes but rather have that and be safe and secure. Gives me boosted confidence in the security and control features of Chase.

4 Likes

This is what they have sent my friend via email.
A few days ago customer support told me it already started on 1st April. I’m I okay to make a formal complaint about it?

Why would you?

The financial loss I made keeping my money there not earning interest yet it would make me a few pence somewhere else.

Well if it were me, I wouldn’t have answered the phone in the first instance because I never answer calls from private or blocked numbers anyway. Even if I’d subsequently received a text message I wouldn’t have responded.

Funnily enough, a few weeks back, my Wife attempted to make a purchase in a town about 20 miles away from where we live but wouldn’t normally shop in. Chase stopped the transaction so my Wife used another payment card. She then sent Chase a message via in app messaging and they confirmed they stopped the transaction as suspicious but accepted her explanation that it was in fact her attempting to pay. I guess they’re just looking after customers interests.

Anyway I still wouldn’t answer random private or blocked numbers because more often than not, it’s someone with no business calling anyone except for dubious reasons. I take the view that no bank is going to call me except for sending me a secure in app message and even then I would phone them using their official recognised customer service number.

1 Like

Anyone attempted and failed to add their Chase card to Curve, please?

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Yep: I couldn’t add mine for eons. As a last chance saloon I went in to the Chase app and generated a new card number which sorted it for me.

2 Likes