Chase UK Discussion

You Sir, are a genius. All sorted - thank you :blush:

If you want to waste everyone’s time, go for it. On £1k it’s 66p interest lost

If lots of people lost that 66p, it adds up. The email certainly does imply that it will be from April, even if not explicitly stated (it’s ambiguous at best).

Where contractual ambiguity exists, it normally defaults to the more preferential outcome for the party that the ambiguity effected.

2 Likes

Not just that but I believe an agent told them it was being paid from the first as well.

I’d certainly complain over it.

1 Like

Yet strangely, Curve now regard my Chase card as being in a different currency :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. I wonder why. Is there something in the long number which denotes that?

Do you still have your old card number written down somewhere?

If you do, using this image as a guide, are the BINs wildly different?

My chase card BIN bizarrely identifies as belonging to an Australian bank. So there’s probably a thread to be pulled there.

1 Like

Actually looking again, the issue seems to be that Curve are seeing my Chase card as in a different currency !

1 Like

Hmmm… that’s weird. I don’t recall my card doing that. But in case you didn’t know, you can change the currency that Curve treats your card. On the card carousel tap the chevron after the name of your card:

And on the resulting panel you can choose whichever currency you prefer:

1 Like

Yes indeed. Trouble is, the card is already showing GBP and I’ve tried removing and re-adding. Weird.

I’ve left it in the hands of Curve so I’ll not hold my breath.

All very weird as I added my Chase card easily :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Tbf, I added mine in September 2021 as Google Pay wasn’t supported on launch of the account, so quite a while ago.

And as if by magic…… it all works :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Nothing genius about it.
Just need to think outside of the box Graham.

He’s a genius, nonetheless. :relieved:

Glad that you were able to get the situation with your card resolved.

1 Like

Perhaps it’s just my own viewpoint, but this thread appears to have suddenly turned a little unkind :man_shrugging:

Anyway, I realise it’s not much in real terms, but at least Chase will be giving us a little extra as from next week.

Still hoping for dark mode :joy:

Would love for joint accounts too.

2 Likes

I never used to think Dark Mode would be a big deal with the Chase app. I do now.

I don’t recall if the Chase team has given any indication about introducing it……

3 Likes

Please accept my apologies Graham.
That message of needing help was definitely inappropriate and i sincerely apologise.

4 Likes

Please accept my apologies Graham.
My earlier message was uneccesary, and unwarranted!

2 Likes