Coop Bank Refer a Friend?

Hi All

I’m looking to switch to co op bank and looking for someone to refer me if anyone is keen? There is £50 in it for both of us! Chris

Which bank are you wanting to switch out from?

Used my last one on Reddit - but they need to pull through on May 9th. If not I’ll reply back here?

1 Like

Nationwide

Would it not be more financially beneficial to CASS to First Direct? £150 is better than 50 quid any day of the week.

I guess you have your own particular reasons for wanting to CASS to the Coop, but apart from their ethical stance, I can’t see any particular benefit. They don’t seem to do well on a customer satisfaction score if you take the banking surveys into account. Their mobile App isn’t particularly great either in terms of actual functionality, i.e. apparently, you can’t even freeze your debit card in app amongst other things. I only gleaned that from looking at App comparisons.

1 Like

If you do want to switch to them, I can still refer you!

They are a basic bank but the app is just about OK if all you want to do is check your transactions and make payments.

It’s actually easier to make payments than with Nationwide as Co-op don’t use card readers any more (they used to, but they have replaced them with SMS instead).

Fancy another £50? I have reached the dastardly age of 70 where all the main banks stop providing travel insurance in their packaged accounts. At £15 a month this benefit for worldwide travel cover is unbeatable, even without phone cover or breakdown. The CoOp have 80 as their age limit, so I’ll accept the reputedly crappy app unless it becomes unworkable!
(currently have the Halifax, and the app is faultless for my needs).

3 Likes

Hello - still waiting on someone on Reddit whom I am not has submitted the form right. That was my second one - I’m going to give it till the max date range before promising anyone else that it would work

R.e annual insurance - have you seen Revolut Metal? It’s £120 a year for worldwide travel insurance for you and travel companions who live with you - not sure if it has 70 age limits. It’s provided by Allianz

For a trip to South America - it paid for itself coming £30 under the quoted price for similar cover!

1 Like

I’m in a similar position currently - I’ve referred both you and @Chris_Dickson but I don’t know if Chris’s switch is complete yet. However, assuming all goes to plan then I have used my two.

I think you can refer somebody else beyond two, just that it’s only the referred person who gets £50 (and not the referrer). I’d have to check the terms for the details on that.

Edit: I’ve just checked, and yes you can!

Yeah!

Seb - I’m usually paid out the day after (twice) but for the third person on Reddit it’s been two weeks - wonder if there’s a delay? The person is claiming the switch is done and I gave them the right details

Not sure how you’d even chase it

1 Like

I thought you could refer a maximum of two people? So you get paid a maximum of £100 (£50 twice).

If you then refer a third person, you get nothing more but they still get the £50. I wonder if they did get it, or maybe they had their application declined completely?

That’s how the terms read to me anyway. When I referred you, I got my £50 the same time you got yours. I think @Chris_Dickson was waiting until his switch was complete before sending in the form, so I haven’t had the £50 from his referral yet. Chris could then, assuming his account was opened OK, refer up to 2 other people which may be a good way of referring @baggins so nobody ends up doing a referral without getting paid.

Sorry I was counting you’re referral of me as no1!

Only one person has done my referral successfully

1 Like

Oh I see - yes, to be the “referred” person doesn’t count, but you are supposed to be able to be the “referrer” for two people according to the T&Cs.

You could complain to Co-op Bank and get them to investigate and ensure you have the £50 credited.

Still within their time periods though so maybe they’d brush it off - just that it’s been next day the last two times

Not sure who the chasing would fall with moreso!

I think it would be fair for you to chase them, although I would probably wait until the end of the specified period to do so.

Their terms also say that you don’t get the bonus if you switch away - so I assume that your Co-op account is still open?

1 Like

It’s still open! I’ll check the dates and take it from there

1 Like

If it’s still open, then it’s much easier to make a complaint as you are still a customer - so I’d check the dates, mark your calendar, and then make a complaint if necessary!

1 Like

Rexx, Thanks for the tip re Revolut Metal… seems to be £12.99 a month now (but £30 back from Quidco) but age limit is 75, so still thinking CooP. Seb is out of referral cash after 2 bites, but not sure about you Rexx? You think only one, but you’ve had two payments next day?? As you say, maybe Profile - Chris_Dickson - Fintech Forum is the best bet if he chimes in.

Hi mate - it’s £120 for the year (best to pay in one go - they offer annual billing) that’s what I did.

Anyhow - me and Seb are in a similar boat with Coop except who I referred is saying they’ve switched whereas Seb isn’t sure.

I think our hands are both tied right now - unfortunately

1 Like

I am sure actually because Chris has since messaged me to say that his switch is supposed to complete next week.

Chris can then be the referrer, which is probably the best bet!

1 Like