General thread about Monzo :)

Barclays? Not of any interest to me either.

When it comes to legacy banks - just switch to whoever will give you £100.

2 Likes

Anyone offering a CASS reward. Halifax, Nationwide or Santander. Halifax would be the quickest to pay and easiest to get.

2 Likes

Agreed, hiding opening banking connections behind a paywall was the limit for me.

1 Like

Just saw Santander dishing out £160. That’s a no brainer

Completely agree, the credit report thing was similar. You can get these two features free even with the likes of RBS/Natwest? Its surprising it’s not talked of more often.

So long as you’re shimmying on soon after - the Santander app is/was one of the worst in my book. It used to be my only account - a good few years ago. Gives me the shivers lol.

Then again I can’t talk - I have a Coop account (possibly the most basic app I’ve ever encountered) open but it did net me £150 - albeit over three referrals. Been open about 6 months now :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

If the app is bad. I won’t be staying don’t worry. It won’t be the end of the world as Revolut houses some of my daily spend

2 Likes

Take the money & keep it moving! Sadly I’m ineligible for nearly all switches presently lol

2 Likes

I am. Monzo Plus is my main account.

I have Starling and Lloyds as backup but I very rarely need to use them.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

Nationwide are the only ones I can do but they botched opening an account last year - so I have concerns that they wouldn’t recognise me as being brand new.

:person_raising_hand: Monzo as main account. Santander and Nationwide as additional / backup accounts.

1 Like

Also available to existing Santander account holders :+1:

Its for existing customers too. Go for it!

1 Like

Yeah maybe - although my account never actually opened due to the ineptitude of their back end systems/applications process. Hopefully I wouldn’t fall between stalls.

I still use Monzo as main account.
Just feels better than other app banks like starling & chase. Perhaps it’s just cosmetic but it feels smoother and simpler.

Monzo aren’t going to be doing updates like they used to - size dictates this.

It is quite interesting speaking to people about Monzo - over 50% still see it as a spending card a little like a pre paid rather than a bank account. (Obviously this is my personal interactions and internal bias may be present).

My main issue with Monzo is they seem not to like Joint accounts - seems as though they felt they had to offer them but show them no love.

1 Like

Monzo has been my main account since 2018 - can’t see that changing for the foreseeable future.

I reckon a salaried current account poll is in order :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I am, Monzo is my only main bank account :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m keeping my account for easily accepting transfers of money from other Monzo users. Same with Starling.

That’s it tho, and I’ve pretty much no expectation that they (or Starling) will be able to offer me anything worth pulling me away from LBG, NWG and Santander who deal with most of my day-to-day current account needs.

1 Like