Jaja 2.0

Hopefully it’s fixed then!

I’ve had the invite for this but I don’t see the point :man_shrugging:

1 Like

If you want a fintech credit card I would agree - no point at all. It has even less features than most legacy credit cards.

However, if you want a Visa credit card with no FX loading, then it’s okay. Serves a (very limited) purpose.

1 Like

I have a Tymit card so that seems to be better.

I’d argue for Barclaycard Rewards in that space

2 Likes

Me too. That’s my FX Visa card anyway :blush:

1 Like

My Nationwide and Halifax credit cards are fee-free for foreign usage. I ditched Barclaycard quite a while ago because they refuse to support Google Pay :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

That’s nice coverage of Visa and Mastercard, and probably a better app experience at both of them too!

Jaja really need to improve their feature-set if they want to hang on to customers.

1 Like

Oh I have the Nationwide Select VISA too @Dan :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

They had my custom, then ditched ME :joy:

1 Like

:joy:

I have a Nationwide Member Credit Card (identical to the Select now in features, but a different design).

It’s a solid card and, although the app doesn’t have many bells and whistles, Nationwide do show pending transactions which is nice.

1 Like

https://jaja.co.uk/all-stories/jaja-announces-strategic-investment/

1 Like

Interesting, they say this will lead to accelerating the public launch of Jaja so they will presumably be looking to pick up customers in big numbers soon.

But only if they offer 23 months interest free credit, otherwise, what’s the point? Clearly that specifically applies only to me because otherwise, there is no point.

It’s taking so long for this outfit to get off the ground it seems, that I’m sure those that were initially interested, have long since gone elsewhere.

1 Like

That seems to be the case for all the fintech credit card providers, really. I’m not sure why.

Jaja has had a similarly stop-start development, Tandem obviously pulled-out of credit cards altogether (although, for a while, they were the first to market with a decent-ish product) and the long-rumoured Starling and Monzo credit cards are still yet to make an appearance - despite Monzo, in particular, dabbling in other forms of lending.

It may just be a problem with the interchange cap making credit cards unviable without either volume or a focus on poor-credit, risky lending.

Meanwhile traditional banks are improving their apps all the time and Amex has really improved their app to a now very-high standard. Perhaps the window of opportunity, as you suggest, has now gone?

In my view, Jaja can be as fintechy as they want and of course that suits those of us who use online only banks etc. But I like borrowing cash for free, hence why I only ever apply for long interest free cards, except of course Amex, which has been great for collecting Avios, but I only use the card for transactions of less than £500, i.e. a manageable amount to pay off between statements without incurring interest.

1 Like

It’s not just credit cards. Consumer credit turns out to be a hard nut to crack for the new wave

2 Likes

They have finally got notifications and pending transactions working (again).

1 Like

I’ve got notifications now (had to enable them though), but still no pending transactions… Unless they’re hiding them :man_detective:

1 Like

Strange. Mine just appear at the top of the transaction list. Have you used the card since the latest app update?