Moderators - Growing the team

Disagree, comedy and humour is subjective. I find it completely appropriate in jest, as its in jest

I can’t believe we missed that…

Vote for @anon62949695

1 Like

I definitely thought of exactly what I was saying and I think the context of a forum vote and a joke dictatorship with maintaining power via assassinations seemed rather funny,to me

I appreciate this might the wrong place but will you just quit it!!!

You’re not funny, no one here has found anything you said funny.

We’ve tried to be polite but taking everything thread off topic with some outrageous claim that you’re either weird enough to beleive in or are just posting to get attention is getting boring.

Please stop!

6 Likes

Funny to you @Recchan , but not to others here. Let’s leave it there?

Bravo :clap:

This is a fintech forum which has clearly gone for inclusivity. Nothing about what you think is funny or not in that context should be on this forum.

I’m sure there’s plenty corners of the internet you can go to for that. It doesn’t fit with this ethos, it’s crude and crass. There could be members on this who have affected by what’s happening at the other side of the world, be it family or friends.

I think you missed Graham’s post :slight_smile:

Maybe we just need a moderator who follows a certain person?

Got my 2nd person on ignore in 2 days. I’m restrained enough to keep away from that button which says show ignore posts :sweat_smile:

I’ve not voted for anyone as whoever gets it, won’t be based on a popular vote. Also it doesn’t make a difference to me as I just come over read a few posts, ignore a few people, and maybe comment now and then.

Considering your avatar I’d like to know who those two are so I can send them a Nobel Prize, they’ve earned the disdain of a diamond handing crypto ape (for the record this is just a meme term around crypto where you say “it’s not financial advice, I’m an ape”)

1 Like

Those kinds of people can get dealt with swift enough at least :ok_hand:

1 Like

So anyway.

Anything personal - we all know the drill.

Be great if we could wind this down now?

I think @anon62949695 would make an excellent moderator. He has my vote :+1:

1 Like

Great men do not seek power. They have power thrust upon them.

2 Likes

This place is actually awful already

1 Like

Flagging. Swearing and being disrespectful. Not pleasant for us folk that just want somewhere to be social and discuss things we are passionate about

1 Like

Really? I think it’s a lovely place, full of good discussions, and even greater moderation.

I’m very grateful for @Mathew and @Graham giving their time in setting this up, and moderating so skillfully.

I’m also looking forward to even more skilful moderation, whether by @anon62949695 and @Danny (who would clearly be best suited for the job) or others.

4 Likes

Moderating is indeed a skill and I have acepted that it is impossible to please all the people all the time. As long as there is a consistent approach which is easily recognised within the forum then all will be well [… ish]. R-

1 Like