Savings Accounts

No panic on my part, the rate is still better than had I stayed with Chase for savings. As probably guessed, I opted for monthly interest :+1:

While I would also like same day withdrawals, a number of financial institutions* have “next working day” for withdrawals. I guess that’s why they are “easy access” rather than “instant access”.

(*Including Shawbrook, Yorkshire Building Society and Coventry Building Society)

2 Likes

I think the Chip Android Update script needs updating.

Way behind on their rate :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Shawbrook Easy Access Account Issue 36
Now at 4.52%

I’m a bit rubbish at maths, so if someone can tell me the difference in amount over a calendar month that 4.52 percent as opposed to 4.27 percent is on £10k, I’d be interested (see what I did there :face_with_raised_eyebrow:) to know.

4.52% = £37.66 per month

4.27% = £35.88

I reckon

Thanx Graham, I won’t stress then over £1.78 :joy:

1 Like

Try not to. :joy:

1.78 a calendar month (I’m guessing this is an average since some months have varying days off) is still 20 quid a year. could be a phone bill paid for some people

worth considering when liability for interest on savings will become a thing for some people though - surely we can’t be far off that point interest rate wise

honestly, if the government wanted to simplify tax for the working man they’d make a temporary memorandum on not taxing savings income until this environment becomes more stable and less rapidly changing

It’ll already be a thing for many folk.

You’re firing on all four today - but I suspect that’s nowhere on the horizon.

Never know, maybe Hunt is browsing FTF dot UK

Cash ISAs are finally viable again, kinda funny

A few years ago you needed 250k to have any concerns about PSA lol

1 Like

Tomorrow, Ford Money will be increasing the rate on their easy access account to 4.50%, so it’ll join the leaders (for now) :+1::grin:

2 Likes

I’ve not had any notification as yet, but it seems my recent decision to move my savings from Chase to Ford, is already paying off :+1:

It usually comes in the morning of the day they increase.

Just logged into my Ford Money App and it’s showing the increase has been applied. Though we do need to remember that some of us choose the monthly interest option, so the headline grabber rate whilst it looks good, is actually 4.41percent monthly. Still good though compared to Chases offering.

Chase lost the chase long time ago.

1 Like

I’ll save you the embarrassment of saying “They probably couldn’t af”Ford” to compete….:flushed:

(I said it so others don’t have to).

2 Likes

That’s enough PUNishment for today…