Savings Accounts

Today shows 4.36%

That’s why it’s a shock

Huge jump

1 Like

Ah, all good then, thanks.

1 Like

I have a fair chunk of savings in the standard Marcus account, and for the second time, they’ve neglected to credit my interest to my account. I rang today and was told I would ‘receive no interest’ because I made a (small) withdrawal earlier in the month, which sounded like a guess and absolute rubbish. I asked her where this was in their Ts & Cs and she couldn’t locate it - I told her I thought she was guessing to get me off the phone. She did agree to elevate it to a manager who - of course - was not available. This happened to me not long after opening the account, and this was blamed on an ‘IT glitch’. I did say if what she said was the case - I would close the account.

So, where shall I park my money - Atom? Tandem?

1 Like

Tandem seem to be the leaders of the pack rn

1 Like

That’s just nonsense. You are allowed to deposit and withdraw freely according to the Ts & Cs.

Atom are still at 3.95% and Tandem at 5%, so it’s a no brainer, really :slight_smile:

Starling’s effort of a year fix at 5.25% is quickly becoming pointless :laughing:

2 Likes

Not just Starling…

Barclays account has worked well for me, and I have no inclination to move any of those funds atm, however, if I was in a position where I didn’t have a Barclays current account, or already joined Blue Rewards, I highly doubt it would be an account I would open now.

Barclays have offered that rate since last Autumn. It has only just finished being a good option.

Starling’s 1 year fix window of being a good option was, uh, never.

I hope the Barclays Rainy Day Saver, as well as the Natwest Group Digital Regular Savers, improve their rate soon though.

Yes please! It’s still a very attractive option given they have no fixed term/maturity date so the money can sit there indefinitely once you reach the max.

Absolutely, still happily building my balance in my Digital Regular Savers (and even my Club Lloyds fixed 6.25% one), but I hope they do something to keep the rates keen.

Just heard from Tandem that the 5% rate will show on accounts by close of play today.

Edit: It now showeth

1 Like

Still waiting for the transfers from two of my next working day withdrawal building society accounts, to populate Tandem further.

#oldstylebanking :rofl:

1 Like

As am I. Shawbrook.

All moved now.

Also noticed that my Tandem Instant Saver is higher than two of my Tandem Fixed Savers :man_facepalming::man_shrugging::joy:

Entirely coincidentally, I’m sure, but my account was updated today with the interest added in.

1 Like

Their fixed savers have interesting rates.

1 Like

It’s just taken 16 hours for funds to move from Ford to my current account :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Trouble is, we get so used to instant transactions. I’m looking at close of play tomorrow for a withdrawal I’ve made today….

No point in me grizzling though, I knew the score when I opened the account. Just didn’t expect to be moving funds out any time soon.

(Meanwhile I’m losing millions in interest :flushed:).

Is it just me that doesn’t expect savings accounts to make funds available instantly then? I expect that any I have a bank account with will allow an instant transfer but apart from that I expect next working day.