Savings Accounts

Kroo is offering 3.3 I believe :frowning:

Hi Graham

There’s no gap in earning as the old provider ensures interest until transfer day. All good. :relieved:

Transfer out of Marcus was dated 14 March and exactly the same amount arrived in Barclays today.
So a fortnight’s interest has been vaporised: First world problem, I know, but even so…

Yes, cash ISA, with what looks very much like only closing interest, pro-rata, to 13 March in Marcus.
I’m not exactly a high net-worth type, so am just flagging in case that would mean a loss of thousands for anyone else on here…

1 Like

Ok. Then your interest in the receiving account will commence from 14th.

To feel comfortable, drop Barclays a line.

OK - thanks.
Means I can buy a packet of Ginger Nuts :slight_smile:

Only from Aldi :rofl:

1 Like

Zopa rates now up a tiny bit (max. 3.55%)
I’m off to Fortnum & Mason…

1 Like

Kroo’s interest bearing current account is now at 3.33% making them one of the leading payers.

Whether you are bold enough to use them is another matter.

PS. I do :rofl:

Tandem Instant Saver now 3.50% AER

3.15% + 0.35% top up rate

Does that make it a market leader?

It will change. A Government scheme to provide cheap term funding to banks is gradually ending - which will in time put pressure on them to raise more from deposits. Plus NS&I is getting higher targets for deposit taking - so increasing competition.

Chip have announced they are increasing their rate to 3.55% from tomorrow.

1 Like

Interesting, I certainly hope so.

1 Like

For a couple of hours it did :rofl:

See below re Chip now at 3.55%

Though personally, I am not going anywhere near them tbf.

1 Like

Chip Instant Access up to 3.55%

Why, out of interest? I’m using Chip at the moment and have used them in the past, too. Customer Service is responsive and transfers are within seconds.

There is something about them I just don’t trust.

Don’t know why and can’t explain it.

I have seen reviews both good and bad about them, but hey, that’s the same story with every providcer, I reckon :person_shrugging:

My gut just doesn’t trust them, so I won’t put my money anywhere near them.

2 Likes

Marcus Instant Access Saver has finally crawled to 3.20% AER inc bonus

Always late to the party nowadays.

Who is going to flood fresh money into an account that lags behind everyone else? :person_shrugging:

I suppose it might stop some people moving funds who are a little lazy

1 Like

It’s been a while since I used Chip so I can’t quite remember - is it a requirement to give Chip access to your current account (via open banking) in order to use it? If so, I suspect this is a turn off for some.

1 Like