Savings Accounts

Yes - that’s how you make deposits. I personally don’t see that as an issue, though.

1 Like

Not everyone thinks Chip should be entitled to see all the transactions on your current account, for a savings account :man_shrugging:

Though I know there are workarounds, such as donor current account :grin:

I don’t love it personally - I know of at least two professional types who had round up money lifted out because they couldn’t work their way around the app (this is less to do with the savings) - of course it’s user error but for me & them I found it a bit finicky.

Exhilarating stuff!

Bad news everyone but great news for me as I wouldn’t want high interest rates putting me off getting another car on PCP :+1::joy:

Good time to take long term bonds?

1 Like

Certainly the shorter term offerings are starting to look appealing - 1 year and similar.

Not panic buying yet though….:blush:

1 Like

Chip have increased their Instant Access account interest rate to 3.71%, effective immediately.

2 Likes

Wow. And yet I still won’t use them :grimacing::rofl:

1 Like

Hopefully it will encourage some of the others that you’re more comfortable with to increase their rates, too :slight_smile:

I just noticed chip now gives you bank details if you want to transfer in that way.

Where are you seeing this? I only have the option to use Open Banking for depositing.

When you press the add money option in the app, their is a new option showing.

It still needs to be from your nominated account.

This was the only thing putting me off chip as I wanted to set up a standing order. It was instant as well when I tried it.

I don’t have that option - just

Deposit by bank transfer (i.e. Open Banking)
Deposit with Apple Pay
Deposit with card

This is what I see. Maybe it’s some sort of staged roll out or something. I have an android phone.

1 Like

I did wonder if it was an iOS/Android thing. There hasn’t been an iOS app update for a couple of weeks.

1 Like

It might partly be an iOS/Android thing, but not entirely.

I have latest Android version (4.56.0, 25 April) and I don’t have the manual deposit option in the app.

EDIT - I wonder if it’s account specific and only available for the newish Chip Instant Access account? I haven’t opened one of these, so I’m looking in the add money section for old accounts I have with Chip (Allica and Prize accounts).

To those who have the manual deposit option - is it also there within any old Chip accounts you still have open?

1 Like

No, it is. If I install the Android app (4.56.0) on my Pixel 6a then I have the option but don’t on my iPhone (4.55.0).

And, yes, we are referring to the newish Instant Access. I don’t have anything else with Chip.

1 Like

I’ve now just opened a Chip Instant Access account and the manual transfer option still insn’t there for me.

My current account is not currently connected via open banking (I let the previous connection lapse without reconnecting as I haven’t been using Chip recently). Perhaps this is the reason :man_shrugging:

If it is, I don’t really see the point in offering it as an option as it wouldn’t be available for the very people who were probably calling for it.