Savings Accounts

Have you added it as a nominated account, though? You can only use the manual transfer option from a linked account.

What’s the distinction between linking/connecting via open banking and nominated account?

I don’t see a distinct nominated account option in the app.

Sorry, my careless use of terminology - nominated = linked.

When I opened the instant access account I had to link a current account using its debit card. After that, Open Banking was just one of the 3 options I was offered to deposit cash. In the Android app there’s now the 4th option of a manual bank transfer.

I’ve had my Chip account for a few years. I linked my debit card a few years ago (and its still linked) and I previously had open banking link/connection, but let that lapse so now no open banking link.

If the lack of open banking link is the reason I don’t see a manual deposit option I don’t quite understand why they bothered. I expect its the people who don’t want to use open banking are the ones who have been calling for manual bank transfer option.

2 Likes

With today’s iOS Chip app update you can now make deposits to your instant access account by manual bank transfer.

1 Like

Hope no-one minds, I’ve updated the Chip interest rate on the table. Seems like it’s consistently the top of the pile for high value instant access. By the way, except for the credit cards, the table of accounts and features doesn’t actually show the account names for me (on mobile, Chrome browser).

3 Likes

Raisin offering 5% on 1 (or 2, 3, 4 or 5) year fixed rate with Isbank.

1 Like

Had an awful experience withdrawing money from Raisin (Starlings B2B platform seems to break when you withdraw to a joint account) - so wouldn’t use them again

They couldn’t even pay compensation to me at one point

2 Likes

Monzo just bumped their instant access savings pot to 3.4% from today on the back of the BOE increase less than 2 hours ago.

Lightning fast.

Yeah, but other providers, albeit delayed, are passing on the full 0.25% increase.

Waiting to see what Zopa and Atom do now. They’re falling behind.

Which ones?

Chase are only passing on 0.2% (3.3%) effective from May 22nd.

Atom have only been playing catch up to Monzo for their last few increases.

Skipton
Yorkshire building society
Kent Reliance
Charter Savings Bank

Are among those who have said they are passing on the rate increase in full.

2 Likes

Thank you!

In addition to previous post . . .

My Coventry Limited Access Saver increased by full 0.25%

though their First Home Saver only increased by 0.10% (regular saver)

1 Like

Raisin easy access saver (with GB Bank) now at 3.70%

2 Likes

Tandem Instant Saver now 3.75% with the top up.

Just had an email.

OK - your move, Chip…

1 Like

Yeah, both are now above the 95 day boosted rate offered by Zopa.

Someone’s out the game, for sure.

Hanley Economic BS are paying 4.25% on their easy access account. However, it can only be operated by post or branch and only one withdrawal per month is allowed.

Yeah, saw this over on MSE.

Not very 21st century easy access :joy:

Great rate, mind.

1 Like