Starling - general thread

Monzo is at the bottom of personal details.

Mine just has an option to update details, bit doesn’t display any info so I’m unsure if they’ve asked

Amex have asked.

Starling have mine already and shown in app.

Nationwide haven’t asked since I opened the account in 2016 :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Monzo have asked me recently. Starling last asked me when i signed up in 2017.

Natwest who I’ve had an account, though dormant, for years have never asked once. Neither have any other high street bank nor Monzo.

Only one that ever asked was Algbra when I transferred a £1k in (as I was going to use it for day to day spending) but otherwise never been a thing.

So I am inclined to agree

1 Like

I see a lot more people saying Starling is falling behind now.

Do you think it’s job done for them or they are up to something? :thinking:

I know they are having a lot of problems with merchant enrichment at the moment

Does anyone actually do that well?

Chase seam to be very good at it hardly any that aren’t there

2 Likes

Big banks like Natwest collect during your application. You’ll have supplied it, you just won’t remember.

Monzo got into hot water for not doing that so had to ask folks after the fact. My suspicion has long been that those accounts who were put on notice missed the email about it and so never supplied the info.

I suspect the reason why Starling have prompted you again, is because there’s been a change in how you use it (with moving things over again). Banks are supposed to stay on top of it and keep their records up to date, but every year is a bit much.

Besides the first time Monzo asked me, the only other time they’ve asked for it is when I applied for Flex, and that was more just them checking to see that stuff was still correct as it was all pre-populated. It was a bit outdated (inflation) so I updated then.

1 Like

Monzo have gotten extremely good at it again lately.

1 Like

Really not something that bothers me, tbh.

Nice that you can exclude up to 5 categories now

Just saw this. Starling is back in the game!

2 Likes

Yep - neat idea.

Not showing for me yet on iOS

Me neither

1 Like

Scrap that now showing on mine had to do a transfer from another account

Isn’t this just their version of Monzo Salary Sorter? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes but with the addition of percentages as an option unless you can do that on Monzo as well.

I just kinda like this, even if Monzo patented it a fair while back.

No idea tbh, I don’t use that feature.