Starling - general thread

You can’t do percentages as yet, but I think it’s coming soon (for Monzo)

Ms Boden, 63, said it was “not really appropriate” for Starling to continue to have a shareholder as its chief executive. She still owns 4.9% of the company and keeps a seat on the board as a non-executive director.

Very sensible. Good on her.

She’s proven so many doubters wrong. She’s made an incredible achievement.

2 Likes
2 Likes

That’s a nicely-presented website and report.

1 Like

A few attacks from Anne in there.

Free virtual cards mentioned several times and they do not seek growth at any cost.

They plan to offer mortgages to their customers as well which is very interesting.

2 Likes

Looks like virtual cards for joint accounts are inbound soon!

3 Likes

I can see them now in my app.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: A survey about neobanks

Noticed these new T&Cs about Account Information Services and talks about accounts with other providers

:eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

Starling won’t be supporting android 5 soon which was released eight years ago. Just in case anyone needs to get a new phone :grimacing:

Just noticed this. Is this just a privacy thing? :thinking:

Makes sense now!

2 Likes

It does indeed. Good move, Starling.

I feel like if Starling does this they should internally flag and report abusive messages that would constitute harassment to the authorities.

Domestic abuse victims getting child maintenance from an abusive ex - ignoring it entirely because they’ve turned it off in the app? sounds like what would tip one of these donkeys over from verbal abuse to physical

2 Likes

Thin end of the wedge though.

Whilst the notion of giving the customer the ability to effectively hide any potential text from view is a neat response to iniquitous behaviour, deciding what is and what isn’t offensive must still lie with the recipient.

A nicer refinement for me would be to enable the stripping out of sender text before the funds arrive in view. That way the offensive text would no longer be sat there hidden, but viewable.

It’s not uncommon for different banks to have varying development priorities and timelines. While Starling might have been more innovative and progressive in the past, it’s possible that their recent development pace has slowed down or shifted focus to other areas. This doesn’t necessarily mean that they are not actively working on new features or improvements.

3 Likes

Just got a new starling debit card. They are now made by TCT not Tag Systems. They are 75% recycled now. The printing is awful. Numbers Printed at a 101 degree angle on the back (they are diagonal to the eye). The front of the card looks cheap, doesn’t shimmer. It’s Matt like the chase card and they are thin and flimsy plastic all together.

Poor decision

2 Likes