The card design thread

Nobody on here seems to have picked up on the change to the cards on the NatWest website….to top it off they’ve changed the Apple Pay design to be a replica of it.

I would not hesitate to CASS away lol

How bizarre!

Changing the Apple Pay design to be portrait (when Apple Pay itself is landscape) while having the card landscape (yet all marketing materials portrait)?

It looks like they really can’t make their minds up on orientation.

However, I do prefer the rendering of the premier card in this slightly different design when compared with the original premier image.

1 Like

If you think NatWest’s Apple Pay image is bad…here’s the RBS one

All marketing i’ve seen is now portrait cards, slight identity crisis?

2 Likes

It seems like it!

Marketing was all landscape a month ago, but portrait in the original RBS email announcing the change (and landscape in an otherwise identical NatWest email).

It the craze is all about the orientation of cards they should of just kept the orginal designs and made them work in portrait!

Edit: Corrected spelling

1 Like

The original designs were already quite generic so that could easily have worked. They probably would have hardly had to do any tweaking at all.

Anyone got the Child & Co image?

Or has it not changed

1 Like

If it has, I doubt it’ll be something we see until someone gets one!

Anyone wanna volunteer to “lose” their card?

1 Like

Both my cards happen to expire quite some time away, so I think I’ll just wait until they replace them naturally.

I don’t want to risk losing a nice design for something that could be a lot worse!

5 Likes

In December, a couple of weeks after they supposedly switched to the new design for lost/stolen/damaged cards I still got the old Visa one

2 Likes

I did the same in January and received the same exact card I used to have.

2 Likes

Guessing there probably won’t be a new Child & Co card then…

Accounts transferring to RBS Victoria Street branch

• the branch was used by 2 personal customers on a regular basis in 2019
  • in 2019 58% of personal customers using the branch also chose to use Digital Banking or our mobile app

How does that work? Do they have fractional customers at Child & Co?

I wonder how they define regular customers, since they also say 42% of personal customers did not use online banking or the app.

1 Like

A standard RBS customer is worth 40% of a Private Banking customer? :laughing:

The booklet defines regular customers as those using the branch in person at least once a week over a six month period for personal accounts, or at least 12 times a year for business accounts.

1 Like

That’s not a very realistic definition especially in Covid/lockdown times for a branch in Central London.

5 Likes

That’s what I thought. Once per week? That’s some serious dedication! Kinda surprised they got any that fit that criterion…

2 Likes

Doesn’t it say 2017-2019?