Tymit - Who uses it? What do you think?

Had to open my app twice to double check. As it’s still doing that stupid you must open it twice before anything works.

Limit is £1,500, I don’t really need a higher. Throughout all my cards the limit is approx £40,000, with me using no more than £1,000

1 Like

Ha! Obviously read my post :joy:

More or less an essential step to be competitive though

Annoyingly I found out today that Tymit now won’t let me change my PIN. Better than Plutus, I suppose, who insisted I change my PIN and then charged me £0.40p for doing so.

Why can’t you change it? I can change mine in app on iOS

Just changed mine this minute as a test

2 Likes

I did (eventually) change it, but the ATM didn’t recognise it!

Tymit getting close to releasing Apple Pay now shows the t&cs when trying to add card

2 Likes

I thought Google pay would be available by now but “coming soon” has never been very helpful as a useful time frame for anything 🤷

1 Like

I don’t think they are allowed to talk publicly about this sort of thing will be in the contracts with google and Apple that they can’t publicly disclose when it will be available

2 Likes

Excatly that. They are under embargo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Google and Apple don’t want a Curve situation presumably

2 Likes

Tymit now supports Google Pay :tada:

5 Likes

Apple Pay now available

2 Likes

I was looking for a replacement for the Tandem CC after they decided to charge for it. Joined the JAJA 1.0 waiting list where nothing really happened. Had teethig problems when first opened the account but has now settled down.

Plus side to Tymit

Found their customer support responsive and helpful.
The instant notifications most of the time but they do go missing at times.
Recent Google pay integration
No charge when using when travelling, not tried it yet abroad though
Reasonable credit limit on application.
Interest Cost calculator is a useful tool
3 months interest free option - not used

Direct debits to pay (not when account first opened, the payment process was clunky)

Minus side
Have to open the app twice before app will function correctly on Android
Some transactions will not get instant notifications

• explanation provided by Tymit did not make sense saying the transaction had not been confirmed by the merchant and it’s in ‘pending’ status. Surely that is every transaction.
2 Likes

How strange, I’ve never had an issue with notifications at all, Ive received every one that I should have, same with the app, no issues there albeit I am on iOS, hopefully it resolves for you soon.

1 Like

Have they sorted out pending charges that should automatically disappear when the merchant doesn’t collect? Amazon charge something like £1 when you register a new card with them but this never actually gets collected. Tymit charged me for them and it was like getting blood out of a stone trying to get their customer support to understand what the issue was and refund me.

I basically don’t use them anymore. I’d cancel the card but it being 2021 I need to contact customer service which honestly is mildly irritating.

I just use Amex now for the most part.

Unfortunately I feel like they may have missed the boat in terms of a fintech credit card. Apart from their three months free credit to split payments (which don’t get me wrong it’s nice) they’ve just not been overly reliable when I have used the card

1 Like

Tymit Email today to say Tymit app latest version (v1.14.0) supports Apple Pay

2 Likes

I recently got Tymit (after first hearing about it on the Account feature matrix!). Initial impressions are good, and while initially, their app seems decent, I keep finding little glitches (iOS):

• Every time I launch it (if asleep in the background) it triggered Face ID twice
  • Every time I launch it the Apple Pay screen automatically pops up twice and needs to be dismissed twice (not received the actual card yet and don’t want to add temp card to Apple Pay).
  • When I tap on a transaction, the screen opens with “empty” data, and then jarringly the real data suddenly appears.
  • If you change an item’s category from the “Bills” tab, the “Spending” tab still shows the old category until you next re-open the app.

I do also find it odd that the default screen upon tapping on a transaction is their “Payment plan” screen, rather than showing me the full details of the transaction. Although I get this is their USP that they want to surface.

It still ticks the most boxes for me though, so will see how the next few weeks go!

3 Likes

I ended up asking for my account to be closed today. To many cards and I get everything done with two cards that I have already. The three month payment feature is nice but it’s the only differentiating feature and I just don’t use it

1 Like