Tymit - Who uses it? What do you think?

I like Tymit as a whole but they need to really sort out their customer support. It took 9 days for them to sort out a simple issue. I get they are busy but they should be able to respond in a much more prompt manner.

3 Likes

I think this is my issue. The app is ok but it has more bugs than I’d like and doesn’t always leave me in complete confidence. Add to the fact that the Amex app is as far as I’m concerned probably one of the best credit card apps available and their customer service is good. And my backup (RBS) is also really good I’m left with the only thing being the free option to spread payments. And it don’t use it because I don’t trust the app.

For me I just have no reason to have it anymore.

1 Like

Wouldn’t fee-free transactions abroad be a worthwhile reason to have it, or does your RBS card already have that?

RBS already offer a card with no foreign transaction fees

I sent a message and got a reply a week later. Is that the normal response time? :grimacing:

That’s about the response time I had for closing my account. Maybe 4-5 days

I get the impression their “CS” is a couple of people in a back room.

I had a lot of teething problems with Tymit with them losing my payments - blaming me for not putting the correct references on the payment - I did - and then charging me interest for a transaction I’d long since paid off. They then inexplicably blocked the card when used via Curve, then denied they did so, and eventually sorted it out. Since then, it seems to have worked OK.

2 Likes

I’ve been using Tymit for about a year now and as others have said I have had some problems, although they have all been sorted if not in the quickest time.
CS really can be slow (luckily I’ve only needed them a handful of times) and payments can sometimes take too long to show, but since I switched to direct debit that seems to have been sorted.
For a (still) fairly new company, I personally think they aren’t doing too bad and will be continuing to use them for now.

2 Likes

Strange one this.
I have for some reason received a new card in the post this morning.
I haven’t ordered one and my current card is still working fine.
Just wondering if this is just an admin error or something? :man_shrugging:

Hoo boy has this thread been a read! I opened my Tymit account over the weekend because I have a purchase coming up that I’d like to split over three months, and this seemed to be the easiest (and I knew what my credit limit would be before agreeing to a hard search).

Well, I have several purchases but my limit is so low I can’t put all them on the card so will have to pay in full for some of them. Unless the early repayment issues have been sorted since?

It’s going to be the last card I use really, so don’t think I’ll ever have pending/£1 check transactions on there. Once the three months are up I’ll just leave the card be and see how it develops but will close it if a better credit product pops up from the likes of Chase (or Monzo Flex but a physical card is needed still in some situations I find)

Also; any news about the app redesign? :eyes:

1 Like

Having just read the Tymit community forum I’m surprised that there are still so many issues, including some that I had 18 months ago. I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

They’ve blocked my account, and have now denied blocking my account. They are asking me to send them a screencap of a blocked transaction, but their app - presumably for safety reasons - blocks screen caps ! I did manage to get a screen cap, using my other phone, but there is no email address or anywhere I can actually upload it ! It took 4 working days to respond to my original query, and have just cut and pasted the same response when I sent a response to them.

I think the problem is that the direct debit is collected but not then allocated to the account.

The sounds like a fundamental error in what should be a fairly basic standard process.

What a mess!

Another not very reassuring experience. I opened my account so will have to take the hard search and the open account but it’s really not making me trust them

I don’t want to end up with a late payment notice or anything on my account due to their fault

1 Like

I had something very similar when I opened the account. They claimed I had not paid. I had. Then they claimed I hadn’t quoted the correct reference number. I had. They then sheepishly admitted that they had received the money but that “it had gone into the wrong account”

Oh dear!

Umm… I might have been better off with a traditional 0% credit card! What a stupid decision… I won’t open another one, don’t really want so many hard credit searches in a year

I must of been lucky as I’ve never had a problem with a payment being allocated to my account but must admit it doesn’t sound good

2 Likes

Me too, Tymit has been fantastic for me can’t fault it at all and I’ve been using it for a while now.

2 Likes