What wallet are you currently using?

I know of a decent wallet for coins that’s quite slim, it’s built for the Japanese market (in Japan) and holds about 3 cards, a few coins and some notes

It’s made of leather, I can try find it if you’re interested? It’s probably going to run £120-150 after VAT and Royal Mail handling fees though

I have a wallet with a pocket, I just wondered what Ordog did with the fancy magic wallet :blush:

1 Like

Thank you, I have a wallet that holds coins I was just curious what Ordog does :blush:

Out of curiosity, those of you who rely on Apple/Google pay go on if using different cards for different benefits (reward points, cashback, etc)
I know you can change the cards, but would it not be easier just to use the actual card at POS?

I mostly rely on Apple Pay and I have four cards set up. I get cash back with my Amex and it’s just double click and swipe to find the card I want to use

2 Likes

Unicorn leather ? :flushed:

1 Like

Not really, imo

Literally just tap between them and boom, new card selected

Only thing is I don’t think Sainsbury’s have Apple Pay yet, which is irritating

Japanese cowhide, transformed into a piece of art :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They do.

Edit: they don’t. I’m an idiot.

Since when?? I went to add my credit card a while back and it wasn’t eligible

Will try again now though

Edit: My card is not supported. Google Pay works fine though, but I don’t have a WearOS device and I don’t routinely carry an Android device either

1 Like

Oh right, sorry… I thought you meant Sainsbury’s stores not accepting Apple Pay as a payment method.

:man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

It’s very rare that I have cash so it’s not really a problem

If I do get coins they go loose in my pocket and the either in the car or a bowl at home :smiley:

2 Likes

I probably wouldn’t even shop there to be honest

Edit: honestly I only really shop there now because I get points to live with a backup when I leave home

1 Like

@JonasP helpfully points out that this thread has begun to drift off in favour of Apple/ Google Pay.

I won’t start shifting posts - no damage done. :relieved:

But back to all things of, or pertaining to, wallets, folks?

4 Likes

In fairness my phone is a digital wallet which I carry around :thinking:

I’ll run away now though :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This is interesting! Won’t be long before needing no wallet at all!

1 Like

Ohh, where did you see this?

Edit: I suspect this may just be a “check code” pass, but happy to be proven wrong

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately that is what it is least it’s shows they are able to use Apple wallet so can be far away with a digital licence

2 Likes

Yoti is a good app to use to prove information such as your age, name, likeness etc.

I’ve tested it out and it seems to work pretty well. Another 5hing to note is that signing up also allows you to easily apply for a physical Citizencard for a £1 too.

Sadly not everywhere acceots it (my local off licence does) but it’s the closest I can get to a digital provisional licence right now.

Ah, I suppose the check code works as it is just a link to the government’s website.

The licence could be done in a similar way I suppose – show the details but also offer a QR to scan to check authenticity.

Iceland already have digital driver licences

3 Likes

The check code has a qr code end of licence no and photo so not far off a license

1 Like