Chase UK Discussion

This is particularly frustrating for people who’ve recently changed their name. My wife and I finally married back in December, but Chase are advising that while they’re fine with changing her name to reflect her new status, they won’t let her log back in after a device swap unless she can provide photo ID.

She doesn’t drive, and her passport isn’t due to expire for several years. The only way to change your passport name seemingly is to essentially pay for a renewal.

Essentially the only sensible course of action is that she sticks with her old name, with Chase, until either she decides to start learning to drive, or her passport eventually comes up for renewal.

I appreciate the UK is in the stupid position where photo ID is essentially required yet there is no national ID card, but that is the market they’re in. Shouldn’t be beyond their wit to keep a record of her maiden name and allow photo ID with it.

1 Like

It may be me being simplistic, but a photo of the marriage cert. submitted through the account ought to suffice. That’d be sufficient for some of the Big Boys.

It’s all a bit “computer says……”.

1 Like

In NI we have the Electoral ID card. Not compulsory but very handy for ID on domestic flights and it’s free.

They’ll take that and change the name now, no problem. What they’ve said though is that she’ll need Photo ID to (re)gain access to her accounts on a new device. The thought of having no access at all pending a however-much-they-cost-then and however-long-they-take-then passport application is pretty grim.

1 Like

23 posts were merged into an existing topic: Proof of ID - a discussion

Ouch - just noticed the shortlist on their website.

Yeah that’s true. A lot of that cost and complexity could have been stripped away without the need to throw the baby out with the bath water though.

1 Like

I don’t know how much it costs to renew a driving licence (edit: £14) but it’s free if all one wants to do is change your name or title.

I agree it is stupid if Chase to be willing to accept that someones name has changed but not allow access to their app.

2 Likes

In a nutshell. :relieved:

1 Like

Basically they need to accept a wider range of photo ID.

1 Like

One other problem is that I bet they don’t accept NI driving licences. My son hit that problem with another bank. Confusingly, although the driving licences say UK driving licence on them, there is no such thing in reality. There are GB licences and NI licences as they’re held on two separate computer systems (albeit both printed in the same place).

1 Like

The issues around proof of ID has developed enough for most of the recent posts to have their own thread.

If I’ve erred during the moves, you’ll surely tell me……:smiling_face:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Proof of ID - a discussion

Remember to turn Round Ups off once you open the 5.1% savings - the Round Ups account is still on 5%.

Not seen this before in chase being able to generate statements and export to csv??

1 Like

That would be helpful. R-

1 Like

Anyone know if Chase can do Samsung Pay?

They do not (yet). Just Apple and Google.

(Yet) do you have any privileged information that would suggest the support is coming? My phone is on its way out (iPhone) and unless my dad is buying me a new phone, the Flip 6 is more economical (and useful) for China/Korea where I currently am.

Thinking about replacing the battery on this and getting a tax refund from Seoul on the VAT in SK

Nope. Yet was just there in case they ever do add it.

Do you not get the Google wallet on Samsung devices anyway since it’s Android?