The card design thread

Yes, probably trying to convey “energy” and look “dynamic” and other marketing-speak. I don’t live in London, but I saw their Tube ads online and that’s clearly what they were going for.

One person’s edgy is another person’s unprofessional, of course!

Ah, I didn’t realise that despite being a member and checking in now and again for Curve updates.

I’m not as active over there as I am here though; there are only so many hours in the day and I can’t be everywhere at once.

That’s a little harsh.

I personally still enjoy using Curve, and since Chase have arrived on the scene I’ve found it especially useful - often simply spending on credit cards via Curve and then moving the money across to Chase later, before using Go Back in Time. It means I don’t have to keep such a close eye on my Chase balance, which is good when transfers in to Chase still don’t quite seem to be truly instant (I always seem to have a ~30 second delay on them).

That said, I almost never contact their support - so perhaps that’s why I find them OK.

I think you’re right. Hope this is better.

This arrived in the post this morning, so just thought I’d add it to list :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fair play, that’s really nice for HSBC’s new design.

The black background is so much better than the silver!

3 Likes

Yeah, if they are going to merge their standard Bank Account and HSBC Advance accounts (as they did in Hong Kong), it would be nice if the HSBC Advance card became the new standard design.

1 Like

There’s no reason why they shouldn’t do this, the accounts are almost identical now

1 Like

Yes, which could be taken as a sign that it might be happening. Hong Kong often gets new things first, as it’s a bit of a test market for HSBC, so that may be another clue.

The recent tinkering with their upper-tier offerings, adding HSBC Jade above HSBC Premier, also shows that every other tier has been effectively “demoted” by one - and HSBC Advance has become effectively the same as standard.

I think it happened in Hong Kong when the Global Money account launched - and that’s supposedly coming to the U.K. soon so we may see changes then. It’s possible both “Bank Account” and “HSBC Advance” will be rebranded “HSBC One”.

3 Likes

Dare i say it…i’m a convert! I quite like that NatWest Premier one, not sure how the normal account card looks in Apple Pay though!

1 Like

Who are Nexo?

Crypto meme

1 Like

Is that implying they’re bad?

I’ve seen they have a refer a friend program where you can attain a bonus if you leave $100 on the platform for 90 days (I think)

Received the new Eco Santander Card today.

It’s quite nice, if i’m honest, and i like that the dots on the top are textured!

4 Likes

I really like that design. I just always found Santander’s app to be really poor in the whole visual UI experience.

Yeah if you’re using it as a main account it’s horrible

1 Like

That’s the only thing holding them back i think.

They have much nicer looking apps in other countries, so hopefully they’ll have a new app in the UK soon🤞

5 Likes

Lots of times I believe wholeheartedly ideas flop not because of the idea itself, nor the product implementation but instead because the UX/UI is a failure for the target market

1 Like

Fingers crossed. They definitely will want to push on this as other banks are smashing the UI experience

1 Like

I can live with the UI of the Santander app, I just find it annoying that it refreshes requiring log in over again when you navigate to another app (i.e. to check account details before payment).

3 Likes

You can change this in the app under More/My Details and Settings/Auto Log Out

2 Likes